Bill Nye Productions, Inc. operates the website http://billnye.com (the “Website”).
For the purposes of this policy statement, the term “Personal Information” refers to:
- Log Data, such as your IP Address, your browser version, the date and time of your visit, the specific Website pages you visit, and the amount of time spent on each page (“Log Data”);
- Personal Identifying Information, such as your name, phone number, email address, and postal address (“Personal Identifying Information”); and
- Payment Information, such as your credit or debit card number, the expiration date of your credit or debit card, the routing and account numbers associated with any deposit account, and any other information used to facilitate the payment of funds from your credit, debit, checking, or other accounts (“Payment Information”)
- Certain limited data collected through the use of “Cookies” (explained in more detail below).
Log Data: Collection and Use
When you visit our Website, we collect information that your browser sends us called “Log Data.” Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address (as well as geolocation information associated with your IP Address), your browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other related statistical information. We use this information to better understand you, our Website’s visitors, and what Website content is more or less successful in attracting your attention. We reserve the right to maintain Log Data and the resulting statistical information for an indefinite period of time.
Using the features and services offered on your web browser, you have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies. You also have the ability to know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. However, please take notices that, if you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to make full use of some portions of our Website. For more information on how to opt out of the collection of your Personal Information, please refer to our “Opt Out Procedures” set forth below.
Personal Identifying Information: Collection and Use
In connection with certain features and/or services offered on our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Identifying Information, such as your name, phone number, email address, and/or postal address. We use this information to identify and contact you. Furthermore, in the case of any product purchase, we may need to share this information with one or more third parties for the purpose of processing, fulfilling and shipping your order.
Payment Information: Collection and Use
In connection with certain products and/or services offered on our Website, we may ask you to provide us with Payment Information, such as your credit or debit card number, its expiration date, and its card verification value (“CVV”). We use this information in order to process the payment for your purchase(s) from our Website. Furthermore, we may need to share this information with one or more third parties for the purpose of processing your payment.
Cookies: What They Are and How We Use Them?
Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To receive and/or process payments for merchandise sold on our Website;
- To provide warehousing, fulfillment, processing, shipping, and/or other services related to the sale of any merchandise on our Website
- To host and/or facilitate the delivery of content related to our Website;
- To perform Website-related services, including, but not limited to, website design, programming, the creation of content for the Website, and such other services as may be required to develop and maintain the Website; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
We may provide these third parties with access to your Personal Information. However, if we share any of your Personal Information with such third parties, we do so for the exclusive purpose of completing the task(s) assigned to that given third party. Moreover, each third party service provider is obligated not to disclose or use the information for any purpose other than its assigned task and is further obligated to destroy any Private Information received within a reasonable time after such information is no longer required for the completion of such task.
We value your trust in providing us any Personal Information, thus we strive to use commercially accepted means of protecting that information. However, please take notice that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is perfectly secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We do not warrant or guaranty the security of Private Information.
Links to Other Sites
Our Website does not market to, and is not intended for use by, anyone under the age of thirteen (13). To the extent that our website offers content, information, products, and/or services that may be appropriate for children under thirteen (13), it is not our intent that (nor do we approve of) children under thirteen (13) accessing our Website without the direct supervision of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under thirteen (13); and, if we learn that a child under thirteen (13) has provided us with Personal Information, we immediately delete such information from our servers and inform all third-party service providers that may have come in contact with such information to also delete it from their servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us so that we may take necessary action.
Opt Out Procedures
You may, at any time, opt out of the collection and use of your Private Information or request that we destroy any Private Information that we previously collected from You.
To avoid the collection of your Payment Information and Private Identifying Information, you may simply refrain from purchasing any products or services on our Website and further refrain from signing up from any email newsletter or similar notice system offered on our Website. Our Website does not collect Private Identifying Information or Payment Information from any Website visitor, unless that person specifically provides that information in connection with the purchase of a product or his/her signup for inclusion in an email newsletter or similar notification system.
To avoid the collection of your Log Data or any other data from Cookies, you should consult the settings on your individual browser. Internet browsers offer a number of features and settings, as well as third party plugins, designed for the purpose of preventing the collection of Log Data or other blocking sites from placing cookies on their users’ hard drives.
If you believe that our Website has collected any Private Information from you, and you wish that such information be destroyed, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide the following information:
- the date and time that you visited our Website;
- the geographic location from which you visited the Website;
- your name
- your email address
- whether you wish us to delete ALL Personal Information or just a portion of the Personal Information provided
Upon our receipt of the foregoing information, we will take reasonable steps to delete any Personal Identifying Information that our Website may have collected and stored as a result of your visit to our Website.